The Williamnagar Government College Alumni Association was formed on 3rd November 2021.The Association was formed by the invitation of Alumni of the colleges where 50 members were present. Thus it was unanimously decided by the members present to form Alumni Association and name it as ‘Williamnagar Government College-Alumni Association’.
The Association shall have the office bearers of the Association shall consist of President, Vice-Presidents, General Secretary, Accountant, Treasurer, Auditor and other executive members.
The aims and objectives of the Association shall be:
The objectives of the Association shall be as follows:
- To promote interaction amongst students and to serve as a link between the ongoing college students and the authorities of Williamnagar Government College (WGC).
- To encourage, foster and promote close relations among the alumni themselves.
- To guide and assist Alumni who have recently completed their courses of study at the Williamnagar Government College to keep them engaged in productive pursuits useful to the society.
- To provide a forum for the Alumni for the exchange of ideas on academic, cultural and social issues of the day by organizing and coordinating reunion activities of the Alumni.
- To conduct workshops, seminars and continued social education sessions and meetings for the purpose of promotion of social service.
- To publish or assist in the publication of The WILLIAMNAGAR GOVERNMENT ALUMNI ASSOCIATION newsletter, books or journals by members by the said association.
- To assist needy Williamnagar Government College students by contributing to their academic requirements such as books allowances and financial contribution to the most necessary circumstances.
- To hold and organize periodical alumni meetings in the college premises.
- To mobilize and generate resources and funds through subscription or membership fees to carry out the objectives of the Association in the best interest of the college.
- To represent and participate in the conferences, seminars, Founder’s day celebrations, cultural and sports activities organize by college authorities.
The term of the office bearer shall be of 3 year and in every 3 years there will be election for the selection of new office bearers. Fund shall be raised by subscription of membership fees and donation. The fund collected from Alumni shall be utilised for the welfare of the college students.
The association was thus registered on 21st October 2022 under the Meghalaya Societies Registration Act, XII of 1983 as “WILLIAMNAGAR GOVERNMENT COLLEGE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION”